The thing about fashion is hair and makeup can make or break the look, so it is only natural for me to do a beauty post every now and then. When I go out at night I am super into smoky eyes and contouring, I am even better at it than Kim Kardashian’s make up artist! Kidding. However, during the day I rarely wear makeup because I just prefer not to, but when I do these are my go to products.
1. Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 15 Moisturizer - I wear this everyday without fail. It is the perfect moisturizer alone because it leaves a natural, dewey look and is great under makeup because it is very light, does not clog pores and has SPF! Say no to cancer and wrinkles. You must prep your face correctly or else it does not matter what make up you use. I will be sure to do a skincare post one of these days!
2. Boscia B.B Cream - I do not own any foundation, this is my go to product for any kind of coverage during the day or night. I love it because I can sleep in it, which I know I should not do, and when I wake up the next day my face will still feel and look like I have no makeup on. I just use my fingers to apply it. Be sure to pat it into your skin, never rub! I totally suggest this for the lady who hates the feeling of anything on her face beyond a moisturizer but wants a more even skin tone. It is one shade fits most. I have worn it during my summer in Spain when I was the darkest I have ever been and today when I am the lightest ever and it has worked and still works without fail.
3. Sonia Kashuk Brow Kit - Out of everything on this list, this is the one product I honestly cannot live without. I hate when my eyebrows are unruly and not filled in and this product keeps them in place without making them look too done, if you know what I mean. I just use the two on the left and mix them together to get the perfect shade for me, then I use an eyebrow brush to apply using little strokes, like painting! They do not sell it online, but they do in stores at Target. I believe the packaging is black now, but the product itself is still the same and it lasts for years! I started buying this in high school and I have only had to buy 1 new one since.
4. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat - Holy grail to looking alive. This product is truly wonderful. When I am in a major hurry I go to my moisturizer, eyebrow filler and this. I make a triangle under my eye by drawing straight line from the inner corner of my eye to the end of my nose, out to my temple and back under my eye to the inner corner, then I fill it in. When I am in a hurry I just blend it using my fingers, but when I am putting in a lot of effort I will let it sit on my skin for 10 minutes or so to let it warm up then I blend it in with a beauty blender. This, plus coffee, saves me.
5. Benefit Watts Up - I am still using the sample I got in May but once that is out I will be purchasing it 100%. I use it when I am trying to look a little sun kissed and shimmery. It is subtle and is a really great cream to powder highlighter with shimmer. When I use this I make a sideways V from above my eyebrow at the arch, to my temple then diagonally down my cheekbone inline with the center of my eye. I also use it down the center of my nose, under my eyebrows, my cupids bow (the V above your lips), and under the center of my lips. I then just use my fingers to blend it in a circular motion so the lines aren’t so strong. Blend a little bit of this product on the center of your lips, then put lipgloss over it, it will make them look bigger!
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Lights Matte - I love this little crayon. It is a great matte highlighter for a more subtle look during the day. I use this in the corner of my eyes to brighten up that area, besides that I pretty much use and blend it the same way I use the Watts Up, but I prefer this one above my cupids bow because it really defines my lips and make them pop.
7. Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder - To finish everything off I just brush on a very, very small amount of this all over my face. Be sure not to use too much of this product because it will look good in the mirror, but when someone takes a picture of you, especially with a flash, you will see white powder wherever you applied it liberally. So just cover the end of your brush and blend around your face in a circular motion and voila! Ready for the day.
All of this should take less than 5 minutes to complete. Maybe 6 if you add a mascara. I have not completely fallen in love with a mascara, but I usually sweep one of the many I have on lightly if I am in the mood. If you have any questions leave them in the comments below. Maybe I’ll do a video/picture tutorial!